2014-03-25 20:04 UTC–5Permalink
Well, I ain't no Greg Farhtey, but I think I can help.
1. Matoran do not reproduce, but instead are sent back in new bodies by the Red Star (well, until it malfunctioned).
BTW, love your sig!
Since a mask can be infused with lots of life energy to resurrect the wearer, what would happen if this was done to a stolen kanohi while the wearer was still alive? A clone?
2014-03-26 00:17 UTC–5Permalink
2014-03-26 09:00 UTC–5Permalink
We know it is a naturally occurring and powerful substance on Spherus Magna, with mutagenic properties. Anyone exposed to it either transforms or is destroyed, there is no middle ground. EP is also sapient and sentient.
2014-03-26 09:02 UTC–5Permalink
1) The Great Beings created antidermis
2) Remember, EP is sapient - it knows what it is going to turn things into, and kraata become Rahkshi armor.
3) Insufficient antidermis for that to happen.
2014-03-26 09:03 UTC–5Permalink
I'm not aware of a way the Nuva could break their connection to them.
2014-03-26 09:05 UTC–5Permalink
BIONICLE isn't an active line anymore, and hasn't been for four years now. The story existed to promote awareness of the sets, and there are no sets to promote awareness of anymore.
2014-03-26 09:07 UTC–5Permalink
1) Right now, mostly Marvel.
2) I generally go and try to do something that has nothing at all to do with writing. But ... I also consider the possibility that at some point in my story I may have had a character do something they did not "want" to do ... something that didn't fit who they were ... which can cause the story later on to grind to a halt. I once had to rewrite forty pages of a novel because I had done that.
2014-03-26 09:09 UTC–5Permalink
1) Matoran do not have biological reproduction, Agori do. Matoran were created artificially, but exactly how we never defined. (The answer about the red star is also correct, but that only applies to Matoran who have died, not new ones.)
2) They are a separate race
If bionicle came back would you be happy?
2014-03-26 10:41 UTC–5Permalink
2014-03-26 11:33 UTC–5Permalink
Sure, as long as it sold well. If it came back and didn't do well, it would be really difficult if not impossible to bring it back again later.
2014-03-26 11:39 UTC–5Permalink
So, it's kind of implied in the Mask of Light movie that Jaller has a crush on Hahli...do couples even work in the Bionicle world? And are the Toa Mata actually brothers and sister, or do they just call one another that? (In general, are there any siblings among Bionicles?)
2014-03-26 11:46 UTC–5Permalink
Thanks, I am thinking of having Batman... Smash Joker in the script, that would really make the Rest of the story.. darker...
#1. Marvel? I guess they are making better movies right now, I mean... Gal Gadot? REALLY?
2014-03-26 13:19 UTC–5Permalink
Since the serials like The Powers That Be are unfinished and are unlikely to be finished, would you ever consider having another flash fiction contest on BZPower to finish them, so long as you gave us the general idea of where the story is headed? Of course, you would have to approve them to be considered official canon, but I would love to read the completed stories, especially about the Great Beings and Red Star.
I love your work! I look forward to reading more of your works in the future! Thanks for your time!
2014-03-26 14:32 UTC–5Permalink
It's great to be able to speak with you, Bionicle was something very special to have lasted all this time, I understand you also are working on newer projects, but I'm afraid I'm here because of your work on Bionicle.
Like a lot of people, I am holding my breath on a continuation or sequel of Bionicle at some point in the future, but the major problem seems to be how the end was handled, aswell as making it difficult to continue the story with Makuta Teridax dead, the destruction of Mata Nui was heart breaking for us who grew up on the Mata Nui storyline.
If you were to be working on a Bionicle reboot or continuation, would you consider changing/ uncanonizing the final fights with the great spirit robot and where the Matoran Universe fell face down, to allow you to continue working with Teridax, and to preserve Mata Nui from destruction? Since Mata Nui was where Bionicle started of course, could it be a viable platform on which to base a reboot?
2014-03-26 16:32 UTC–5Permalink
How far can various beings with teleportation power travel? (Makuta, Botar's species, Artahka, etc.)