2014-08-10 19:35 UTC–5Permalink
7. So I would guess the Piraka's weapons were special right, I remember reading that they could use it to channel their elements without another Skakdi.
10. Yes, I am.
13. I believe in Journey's End, you wrote that it was a moon of Bota Magna. I think thats what it was. But with all the different media such as the Mata Nui Saga, the comics, and Journey's end all depicting the event differently, people get confused I would suppose. MNS has it as the entire Bota Magna, you confirmed false in the TTV interview (I think), and even though the piece was blue in the comics, Bota Magna had water, so it could still be a fragment of that planet, or some blue coloured rock moon of it. And the book, it was there in written words. Is there an exact truth?
And a bonus question: What is the name of the sun that SM revolves around? And how much days would it take for a complete rotation around that sun? Is that sun bigger than our sun?
2014-08-10 19:53 UTC–5Permalink
Hey Greg, do Fa-Matoran (Matoran of Magnetism) prefer to live near magnetically-attuned areas, like say, magnetic poles, or places with strong magnetic fields? Given the MU's status as the inside of a Giant Robot, I can imagine there are several places with these qualities.
2014-08-10 20:50 UTC–5Permalink
Ok First Let Me Start off By Saying Your Books, Especially The Ninjago Ones Are Awesome sauce!! I Own Books One Through Six And Me And My Sister Love Them And Plan On Getting More!! You Plan On Making Any More? If So Can YouTell Me The Titles Of Any Of Them? I Look Forward To Your Response!! :-)
2014-08-10 21:16 UTC–5Permalink
I've seen stuff that said that the 2011 BIONICLE story line was to be on a jungle planet. But as we all know BIO was cancelled so that never happened. Do you remember any details about what BIONICLE 2011 would have been? Was the concept art used to make Savage Planet for Hero Factory?
2014-08-10 21:38 UTC–5Permalink
Dat why me like it xD and yes i heard it. I like dis post i respond to.
2014-08-10 21:51 UTC–5Permalink
Please don't capitolize the first letter of each word, it is commonly seen as annoying. Just some advice!
2014-08-10 22:07 UTC–5Permalink
Hey Greg, can you shed some light on the primary occupations of the matoran from the secondary elements? We all know what the matoran of the main elements primarily do for a living--Ta-Matoran are blacksmiths and crafters, Onu-matoran are miners and historians, Po-matoran are stonecarvers and athletes, etc. So can you give us an idea, however rough, of the primary occupations of the:
1) Vo-Matoran (I imagine they'd be powerplant workers)
5) Bo-Matoran (Maybe they could be farmers)
2014-08-10 22:41 UTC–5Permalink
Greg, can you confirm if the following characters were revived on the Red Star?
Thanks for your time!
2014-08-10 23:23 UTC–5Permalink
Hey Greg, I've got another thing to ask about the MU AI and the Awakening:
1) When Velika granted the MU inhabitants sapience, was it a literal, sudden, "awakening"? Did every non-Rahi MU being suddenly experience an epiphany of wisdom and intelligence, immediately becoming sapient? Or was it a more gradual change?
2) How did Velika "spread" sapience to the MU inhabitants? Through a virus? A mass reprogramming?
3) Hey Greg, this is perhaps the most important question I'm going to ask you: If Bionicle comes back, will the questions that me and my fellow Bionicle fans have asked you to clarify/expand the canon go to waste? I fear that if a hard-reboot occurs, everything we've gotten out of these message boards--from lore-expanding revelations such as Velika's Awakening, to small trivial details such as the innate qualities of a Su-matoran--will be disregarded. Bionicle is extremely lucky to be one of the few storylines where the canon can still be expanded after the ending. So basically I'm asking: do our questions matter? If the stuff we've gotten from these boards is thrown away in a hard reboot, we might as well not bother asking Bionicle questions at all.
2014-08-10 23:31 UTC–5Permalink
I am really impressed at how log you have been replying to all the questions we have been asking you and... I have a question for you to answer!
Which ninjago character is your favorite?
2014-08-11 01:39 UTC–5Permalink
So, over the past few years, I know a lot of people have asked you lots of questions regarding Bionicle, and you've given a lot of closure about different things, like the identity of the hidden GB, and the fate of a lot of the characters, and the nature of the Red Star. So many things, and the fanbase is truly grateful to you for them.
A while back, you said you didn't think Bionicle would be a continuation if it made a return, because there was so much background and such that new fans would have to engage with to fully understand the storyline. Does that mean if Bionicle were to make a return, everything we've asked you about would be entirely irrelevant? That it would essentially be a waste of all these years of asking, since it would be utterly worthless in application to the new story?
I'm just curious, since your answer will determine whether I've wasted the last four years of my life.
2014-08-11 06:42 UTC–5Permalink
1: what is with the barraki in spherus magna?
2: what is their ''JOB'' in spherus magna?
3: are they under water or on land?
4: where is takadox?
5: are they still mutated?
thanks for you answers<3
2014-08-11 07:23 UTC–5Permalink
Even if the Bionicle we know was never continued, I don't see how this is worthless at all - as you said, it gives us more closure on a now-defunct story, it's nice to know that there are still things to find out about an essentially dead story, and we can even use this information to make our OWN continuations or stories, such as in fanfiction or RPing.
2014-08-11 08:16 UTC–5Permalink
1) More gradual
2) I haven't decided yet
3) Kyle, if you are asking questions only with an eye toward the answers somehow being part of a new BIONICLE someday, then that is the wrong reason to ask questions. There is no guarantee I would even be on the story team of a new BIONICLE. What we are doing here is coloring in those areas of the original universe that were left unexplained or not explained well enough, but I cannot promise you what a new BIONICLE would look like. A reboot could be way in the future, way in the past, a parallel universe, old characters, new characters ... I can't predict. So my recommendation would be that you ask questions because you are interested in finding out the answers, not because you are trying to contribute to some future official iteration of the BIONICLE line.
2014-08-11 08:16 UTC–5Permalink
Jay is probably the most fun to write for.