2014-08-25 17:54 UTC–5Permalink
Hello Mr. Farshtey,
Hi my name is Austin, and I am 10. It is nice to chat with the guy who made all the Bionicle books I love.
I was wondering if the Mask of Creation would be found in a temple, because in the book Bionicle World Artakha wears the Mask of Creation. It would seem to make no sense if there was two Masks of Creation.
Have a nice day! Thanks for answering!
2014-08-25 18:47 UTC–5Permalink
And there would be a ton of conflicting wills.
2014-08-25 19:21 UTC–5Permalink
Dear Mr. Farshtey
This may be an easy answer, but I always wondered: What kind of food did Matoran eat? Would they have eaten Madu Fruit, or was their specific food they would eat? And could they eat meat?
2014-08-26 00:26 UTC–5Permalink
1) What island did Iruini and Norik live on as Matoran?
2) Is there a specific reason why the Red Star made the Inika's masks so weird and realistic compared to other Kanohi?
3) Did the Great Beings realize that Velika was missing?
2014-08-26 08:18 UTC–5Permalink
Matoran do not eat like we do. They absorb energy through physical contact with things like fruit and fish, etc. Inside the MU, they did not need to do that, because they got their energy from centrally located energy sources.
2014-08-26 10:08 UTC–5Permalink
1) I don't have that information
2) Not that I am aware of, no.
2014-08-26 10:08 UTC–5Permalink
Not sure I understand your question.
2014-08-26 10:17 UTC–5Permalink
2) If we equate spirit with their consciousness, then if they die with their consciousness missing from their body, there is nothing for the RS to download into another body. They couldn't be revived.
3) I always saw the Toa as the safeguard against the Makuta.
4) He went into orbit.
2014-08-26 10:19 UTC–5Permalink
1) Thing is, I don't recall us saying if they did or did not need water in story. If we did say that, then obviously that is the case. So I am reluctant to say no, they don't, if it may be contradicted somewhere.
3) I don't think I want to go into debates about how their genes work. It's getting a little too micro for me.
2014-08-26 10:51 UTC–5Permalink
1) Are the mechanical components of MU inhabitants capable of self-repair to some degree? This seems reasonable to me. It would seem awfully wasteful to have to use Toa energy on say, a busted piston or a cracked gear.
2) Are the mechnical components of MU inhabitants completely clockwork-based (pistons, levers, gears), or do they also contain circuitry?
3) Is a Toa's movement driven completely by his organic muscles, or is it also powered by his mechanical pistons?
4) In my fanfic, I have a Toa who gets struck by a grenade which explodes, only for him to survive with little to moderate damage. Do you think that's reasonable and doesn't break canon? Or do you think that's a little too sturdy for a Toa?
Thanks for your time,
2014-08-26 10:56 UTC–5Permalink
Hello, Greg. I have some more questions for you, hope they aren't too technical.
1. Why don't Toa teams always combine thier powers to create a Toa seal? Is it more exhausting or do not many know about it?
2. It has been shown that Great Beings can appear invisible to their creations, but do they have other powers that don't involves their creations? Like the ability to shoot lasers or anything like that?
3. Do you know if Vakama and the others were planned to be Toa from the beginning or was that created as we got closer to 2004?
4. Do the Inika masks look like their inorganic counterparts or did their organic qualities make them look considerably different?
5. When the Ignika created a body for Mata Nui on Bara Magna, was it closer anatomy-wise to a Toa or a Glatorian?
6. Would the Vahki Hunters be a good tool to use against the Baterra since they eat machinery or would Baterra perceive them as threats?
2014-08-26 12:07 UTC–5Permalink
Hello, Mr. Farshtey,
I recently had an interesting question that I thought you might have an answer for; How big is Spherus Magna?
Mata Nui, a 40,000,000 (12192 kilometers) foot tall robot housing the Matoran universe is smaller than Aqua Magna.
So was this overlooked that Mata Nui could fit on Aqua Magna? Or is all of Spherus Magna really that big?
Thank you for reading!
2014-08-26 12:54 UTC–5Permalink
Does the default form of the adaptive armour made by artahka look exactly the same as the regular form of the nuva? Or is there some variation? Thanks.
2014-08-26 14:16 UTC–5Permalink
1) Why would you need to use Toa energy on this? Just use tools to repair or replace it.
2) I don't have information on this.
3) Again, I don't have information on this - there is no detailed breakdown of Toa anatomy in the story bibles.
4) Depends on how powerful of a grenade it is and how close it was to the Toa when it went off. You have to consider shrapnel damage to the organics.
2014-08-26 14:17 UTC–5Permalink
Don't know. That would have been up to the designers.