2015-05-04 07:45 UTC–5Permalink
How early into the story was it decided that Makuta would take control of the Great Spirit Robot?
2015-05-04 08:40 UTC–5Permalink
I would say 2006 or 2007. The decision to wake Mata Nui up was sort of an abrupt one, because some parts of the story team felt the story needed a major shake-up. So it wasn't until that decision got made that this element got added in.
2015-05-04 08:41 UTC–5Permalink
Throughout the island.
2015-05-04 08:44 UTC–5Permalink
1) The best advice I can give is to write a lot and to read authors who are better than you are, so you can be inspired to be better. Also, treat your characters like they are real -- like they are people you know or friends - as opposed to chess pieces you move around on a board. Think of it this way -- if you were writing a story about your best friend, you could predict how he or she would react in a given situation or what they might say. If you become "friends" with your characters, you can do the same thing with them.
2) I answered a job ad online in 2000, that is how I got here.
3) No, I generally don't critique other people's stories. That is pretty much what I do for work all week, being an editor, so it isn't something I do in my off-time.
2015-05-04 08:46 UTC–5Permalink
2015-05-04 15:06 UTC–5Permalink
Ah, thank you so much! I'll definately have to look for more of your books and read them, then And okay, LOL, I was just wondering
2015-05-04 15:29 UTC–5Permalink
DEAR GREG FARSHTEY,
CAN YOU PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE REVEAL ME ''THE SHADOWED ONE'S'' REAL NAMEPLEASE????????
2015-05-04 17:29 UTC–5Permalink
Hmm... So was this also when the team decided to move the main story to Bara Magna and have a story-arc there?
2015-05-04 17:50 UTC–5Permalink
Can a Toa Stone turn a Matoran into a Toa, if the Toa that imbued their Toa Power into the stone is dead?
2015-05-04 18:20 UTC–5Permalink
Was Tobduk's village the only village?
Mr. Greg, you have stated previously that Av-Matoran, and no other types of Matoran, are enlarged by the energies of Karda Nui, and that their size shrinks back to "normal" when they leave. However, the Shadow Matoran seem to be the same size as the Av-Matoran.
2015-05-04 18:35 UTC–5Permalink
1. Are the Shadow Matoran enlarged by Karda Nui's energies if they used to be an Av-Matoran?
1b. If so, would they shrink upon leaving Karda Nui?
1c. If not, then does this mean that as soon as an Av-Matoran is transformed into a Shadow Matoran, that they instantly shrink, or does it take time?
2a. You've said before that the mutations done by Mutran (such as claws and wings) were not fixed when the Shadow Matoran were turned back into Av-Matoran. Were they fixed by the Mask of Life, just like how it fixed the Barraki and others?
2b. You have said that the color change to black would take a bit of time to return to normal after the Matoran were cured. Had this happened by the time that the Matoran Universe was destroyed (end of the 2010 story)? If not, did the Ignika heal that?
Thank you for your time
2015-05-04 20:50 UTC–5Permalink
Hello Mr Greg
1.The slowness power of the Makuta can have an effect on someone as fast as Pohatu with his Kakama nuva or Umbra? If so, at which point its speed will be decreased?
2. A Makuta can plunge an entire island as Metru Nui in darkness? Also, The Makuta can create a shadow dome that envelops a wide area? And finally the Makuta can control the negative gravity and the anti-gravity with their gravity powers?
I'M NOT GREG FASHTEY,BUT I KNOW THAT THEY HAVE FINGERS,BUT THEY AREN'T VISIBLE IN THE SETS AND COMICS,BECAUSE LEGO DIDN'T MAKE HAND PIECES UNTIL 2009.I KNOW ALSO THE ANSWER OF HOW THEY USE THE SHOULDER-MOUNTED BLASTERS;THEY ARE ORGANIC UNDER THE ARMOUR,THAT MEANS THEY HAVE NERVES,SO SOME OF THEM ARE CONNECTED TO THE BLASTER,MAKING THEM PART OF THEIR BODIES,LIKE A 3RD HAND.SO,WHEN THEY THINK ABOUT SHOOTING,THE BRAIN SENDS THE MESSAGE TO THE BLASTER'S NERVES,AND THEY SHOOT.IT'S THE ONLY LOGICAL EXPLENATION.
2015-05-05 05:29 UTC–5Permalink
2015-05-05 08:17 UTC–5Permalink
2015-05-05 08:18 UTC–5Permalink
We hadn't started discussing 2009 story yet at that point, no.