2014-10-03 13:43 UTC–5Permalink
1) I intend to keep answering questions about original BIONICLE here, but I have not been asked to write actual story based on that, and I cannot do it unless LEGO asks me to.
2) Where did we say it was not more violent?
3) No, that was too long ago, I don't recall
4) I had nothing to do with the online games, so I can't answer this.
5) I work for LEGO Company, so asking for my personal opinion on sets (on the rare occasion I have one) doesn't make much sense. My job is to promote set sales.
6) I can't discuss future set plans
2014-10-03 13:44 UTC–5Permalink
I can't discuss anything about BIONICLE 2015 until that information has been officially released by the BIONICLE team.
2014-10-03 13:44 UTC–5Permalink
No, I did not
2014-10-03 13:45 UTC–5Permalink
Not sure what you mean. Are you asking me to compare 2001-2010 BIONICLE to 2015 BIONICLE?
2014-10-03 13:46 UTC–5Permalink
Yes. I have written the LEGO Club Magazine for 14 years now. I also wrote books for Ninjago, Hero Factory, Exo-Force, Chima and LEGO City.
2014-10-03 13:49 UTC–5Permalink
1) Already asked and answered.
4) Why are you assuming that the new line is aimed at guys in their late teens and 20s? It's aimed at the same target group it always was -- boys aged 8-11. Most of the old fan base are in college now or getting ready to go, and probably aren't going to have a lot of extra money to buy sets (a lot of the old fan base had stopped buying sets by 2009, for that matter).
Greg, will anybody on the Bionicle team be at NYCC to announce the plot and set?
2014-10-03 15:21 UTC–5Permalink
2014-10-03 15:51 UTC–5Permalink
In 2001 the 'quest for the masks' was central, but in later years almost all Toa only had one mask and didn't bother getting others. Was there any particular reason for this?
Why did Pohatu get such a poor showing in MOL? The others all get to use their elemental powers but he only gets to throw his claws a couple of times. He doesn't even use his mask of speed when running, which leads to him getting blasted by Turahk.
2014-10-03 19:37 UTC–5Permalink
Was that ScribeGF account a fake? It didn't say official.
2014-10-03 20:16 UTC–5Permalink
Greg, can you please answer these questions?
1a) What was Velika doing during Teridax's reign, and what would he have done if Teridax targeted him for elimination?
1b) Also, was Velika aware of Teridax's "Plan" all along?
1c) The answer to this is probably obvious, but was Velika concerned about Teridax threatening to conquer/destroy SM?
2) Who's stronger, Toa or Skrall? We know that both of them are physically stronger then Glatorian.
3) If it's okay with you, can you finally reveal what the brains of MU inhabiiants are made of?
4) Does the new story bible go into detail about the anatomies of the characters? I always enjoyed the biomechanical aspect of the old Bionicle storyline because it gave it a sci-fi feel.
2014-10-03 20:21 UTC–5Permalink
Hey Greg, how involved were you with the writing of the new story bible? Also, how dark or light is the tone of the new story compared to the old story?
2014-10-03 23:43 UTC–5Permalink
Hello, Mr. Farshtey. I must ask a certai questions, in regards to Biosector01.
Most people are believing the new BIONICLE will be a reboot, since it seems to be pointed at a new generation. So what should we do about stuff on Biosector01 if the new BIONICLE is a reboot? Would we make seperate articles, or would a new wiki altogether be nessecary to account to the information on the BIONICLE reboot wiki?
Thanks for answering!
2014-10-04 01:51 UTC–5Permalink
I am a jr. In high scholl and i plan to get every single thing bionicle related coming in 2015 and beyond, i think a lot of old fans aregoing to get, or at least they are saying that on things such as forums.
2014-10-04 02:02 UTC–5Permalink
Is there a chance all those leaks were released on purpose to build up hype?
If so it was a great marketing plan(in my opinion), alot of people seen the sets and loved them.
2014-10-04 10:15 UTC–5Permalink
I don't know the guest list, but I know there will be a big focus on BIONICLE